- 1½ cups quinoa
- Vegetable or chicken bouillon
- Dried apricots, half soaked in lemon juice
- 2-4 cloves garlic, to taste
- Pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Toast the quinoa in a pan for about three minutes until fragrant.
- Warm 2 cups of water and the bouillon in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the quinoa and cook over high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts (in a pan or toaster) until they’re golden, then remove from heat.
- When the quinoa comes to a boil, add the rosemary, lemon juice, and lemon-soaked apricots.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes. In the mean time, chop the garlic.
- Add garlic, olive oil, rosemary, and oregano to a pan.
- Fry the garlic until it’s golden brown then add to your pine nuts.
- When the quinoa is cooked and translucent, add the rest of the dried apricots.
- Stir, then add the pine nuts, garlic, and oil.
- Take the quinoa off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Fluff before serving.
-Carly, University of Victoria